"Although the subject is wide-ranging, digital assets are tangible, have a financial cost and are composed of both intrinsic and extrinsic value"
Digital Assets can refer to a diverse range of subjects, including:
- Rich media such as images, video, audio and documents.
- Metadata objects which may or may not relate to a physical asset.
- Financially oriented digital assets like cryptographically secured tokens and digital commodities.
Although the subject is wide-ranging, digital assets are tangible, have a financial cost and are composed of both intrinsic and extrinsic value (the latter frequently being referred to as metadata). We have the depth of knowledge and experience within this field to transform the theoretical basis behind digital assets into deliverable digital transformation initiatives that have a demonstrable ROI. This might include:
- Creating repositories of digital media, including the associated business process, findability or metadata management issues.
- Auditing what digital objects exist and identifying common themes between them using our taxonomy and metadata expertise.
- The technical aspects of DAM solutions including hosting and scalability.
- Designing and using digital infrastructure innovations like blockchains, shared ledgers and other digital asset interoperability protocols.
- Understanding and leveraging the potential of digital commodities like cryptographic assets, coloured coins (cryptocurrencies with associated metadata) and sidechains.
In practical terms, this might yield deliverables such as:
- Learning materials to help educate users about Digital Asset Management initiatives and why they should get involved in them.
- Taxonomy designs and metadata schemas that can be used with digital asset catalogues (including merging legacy metadata models).
- Systems architecture plans and integration analysis to identify how to get digital assets out of departmental silos and flowing across an organisation.
- The technical aspects of digital asset solutions including hosting, scalability and security.
- Risk management and risk analysis reviews to ensure the leverage implicit in digital assets does not become a liability.
- Auditing of the accrued value of existing digital assets: the money spent on originating and cataloguing them and how to ensure that is not lost or under-utilised.
Our digital asset services involve an inter-disciplinary mix of skills that cover not only management issues but systems, technical and cost accounting considerations also.